Pages

Thursday 26 July 2012

Liquid Eyeliners

I think I may just be the liquid eyeliner queen, or certainly a princess. I wear it everyday pretty much, and I certainly don't feel 'finished' without it. My 'go to' look is a simple flick, with lots of mascara on my top lashes. On nights out I regularly go for a vintage, pin-up glamour look, with a contoured eye, large flick and bright or red lip. So it's fair to say I get through lots of eyeliners.
Today I am going to talk to you about the four liquid eyeliners currently in my collection.
Okay so all the ones I am talking about today are black, I have others, but black is my normal eyeliner choice.
We have (left to right)

  • Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Liquid Eyeliner in 01 Black
  • Collection 2000 (now just 'Collection') Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Black
  • The Body Shop Liquid Eyeliner in 01
  • MUA Extreme Felt Eyeliner in Black
So lets start at the beginning...Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Eyeliner...
My absolute favourite, amazing smudge-proof eyeliner. I have problems with oily eyelids and eyeliner printing above my eye. I also find it smudges below my eye and fades throughout the day. That was till I found this little baby! A lovely sharp point, to get a fine line, but enough flexibility in the end to get a thicker line too. Really, really black, but a little shiny/glossy, which I don't love, but doesn't bother me too much. I actually find I have to use 2 cotton pads with eye make-up remover on to get this off. This is the sign of a good eyeliner to me! It's rather pricey at £20, but seeing as I've had the one I have now since March and it's showing no signs of stopping, I would say that is not bad. The only problem I had in the past is I left it slightly open and it dried out a bit, and was a bit globby and hard to use. But to be fair that was totally may fault!
If you struggle with smudging, buy this eyeliner!

Collection's Extreme Felt Eyeliner
What a bargain! A £2.99 felt tip liner that stays in place for hours. Okay so it wont last as long as my Estee Lauder one, but that doesn't make it a bad eyeliner. And the price is incredible. Would definitely recommend you try this one. It's become a bit of a cult product in the beauty blogging world! Creates a nice line easily, so a good one for beginners.
I also have this in purple and teal, thinking they would be as good as the black, and a bit of fun to wear. But no, they smudge and print on my eyes. Then when you try wash them off you are left with a faint coloured line, not a great look!

The Body Shop Liquid Eyeliner
I first bought this one when I worked at The Body Shop, and have had many since. It was better than any eyeliners I had had before (mostly rimmel), but now I have tried others I realise it is a pretty ordinary, run of the mill product. The colour is good, the staying power is fine, and it is nice and gentle on the eyes. Not great, not terrible. I wouldn't suggest you rush to buy it, but if you have a chance to try it, you may as well. One thing I will say is that the nib is a great shape, almost like a soft pad. So very quick to get a good flick, again probably great for a novice!

MUA Extreme Felt Liner
Yuck. This product is terrible.I have tried a few MUA products in the past, and although nothing is incredible I think the value for money is incredible. At £2 this looks like a cheaper copy of the Collection one. But it such a waste of that £2. I bought this while on away with my boyfriend and realised I didn't have an eyeliner with me (shock horror). So I nipped to Superdrug planning on getting the Collection one, but thought I would try this. This eyeliner is hardly black, it is so watered down. And then when you try and go over the line to neaten it up it flakes off. It is like the eyeliner is taking itself back off my eye. So you end up with a crumbly, dotty line...yeahhh sounds horrid.
Cannnot think of a redeeming feature of this eyeliner, as even £2 seems too much for this piece of junk.

I'd love some more eyeliner recommendations, I do love eyeliner!
Thanks for reading,
Charli
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment